Sunday, February 04, 2007

Pablo Neruda's "Ode to a year ago at this time"



It really was fucking
awesome
when the Steelers won the Super
Bowl.
and I
reveled.
euphoria of a
triumph.
I really didn't
have a lot
to do with it. except
near
ulcers during
AFC Championship
losses.
before XL, just
lost my
job but I didn't
give a fuck for about 2 weeks.
the money started
to run
out.
canned beans.
victory.
protracted
orgasm but not
homoerotic.
Wholesome, christian jewish christian.
Football.
Remember, remember
what that was like.
Dude.
so I'll take
the Bears to
cover because
Walter Payton
was my favorite as
a child.
But today just
reminds me
of last year.
My dear your
lips,
they are so soft.

Steelers dude.
Stillers.

[Elementary Odes by Pablo Neruda] (Mos def peep "Ode to a large tuna in the market" cheah!)
[Post-Gazette Photo Gallery- Steelers Win Super Bowl XL]

Labels: , ,