Monday, January 29, 2007

He owe me a hundred favors



There's mad internets out there:

-John Amato of Crooks and Liars has been monitoring John "The Great Moderate Father Whose Shit Don't Stink" McCain's cow-tow to the right in preparation for another White House run. Now, homeboy Cliff Schecter is getting his nose dirty, starting up therealmccain.com and calling McCain out on voting to abolish the federal minimum wage, his support of the escalation and other misdeeds.

-This is kind of an old piece of news, but peep the Slate interviews with former CIA spy, Che Guevara hunter and Watergate mastermind E. Howard Hunt, who died last week. This guy was absolutely ruthless and amoral. My favorite quote:
Slate: What led you to leave the CIA?

Hunt: I found out the CIA was just infested with Democrats. I retired in '70. I got out as soon as I could.
Nixon is dead, long live Nixon!

-Helmet for your dog (or guinea pig!).

-Harp Magazine's artist favorites list is kind of weirding me out. If you know me, it's no secret that I am a friend of several members of Dr. Dog, but seeing their list above Beck's list isn't the strange part, it's seeing them on Beck's list... along with SpankRock and GirlTalk. Don't get me fucking started about GirlTalk (no offense to Tech Support Andy, who used to be in Joy Stick with the dude back in Pittsburgh), but Jesus man, that list just doesn't even make sense. I guess that's why Beck is Beck. (seen via philebrity)

P.S. Peep Zach in that photo, looking for the best spot to sell newspapers. Extra! Extra! Gehrig hits two! Extra! Extra! Read All About It!



-Strip club cookie monster set Ying Yang twins is once again blurring the lines of good/bad taste and funny/not funny (pending the clean version). The new track- Jigglin, as in "Ass get to jigglin, motherfuckin' wigglin'."

"Jigglin (Dirty)" (zshare via Different Kitchen)

Labels: , , , ,